The law of attraction is the name given to the belief that "like attracts like" and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results. This belief is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy", and the belief that like energy attracts like energy. One example used by a proponent of the law of attraction is that if a person opened an envelope expecting to see a bill, then the law of attraction would "confirm" those thoughts and contain a bill when opened. A person who decided to instead expect a cheque might, under the same law, find a cheque instead of a bill. Although there are some cases where positive or negative attitudes can produce corresponding results (principally the placebo and nocebo effects), there is no scientific basis to the law of attraction.
THE POWER OF YOUR THOUGHTS
- Every thought has a frequency, a magnetic signal drawing its parallel back to you. The ideas you’re holding onto are what you're attracting. When you focus on what you don’t want, you perpetuate it.
- Repeatedly thinking, “I don’t want to be late” almost guarantees you will be. Humorous but true! Attraction is working whether you know it or not, believe it, or are even aware of it. A single infinite power is behind this process. And relax, it’s good!
- When I first learned about the law of attraction, I became overwhelmed observing the fleeting angry, negative, judgmental, depressed, or fearful thoughts in my mind. I became paranoid that I caused every bad thing that’s ever happened to me.
- But I soon understood, fear distorts! There is no disadvantage to The Secret, only potential! The power to change what isn’t serving your life. Scientifically speaking, an affirmative thought is hundreds of times more powerful than a negative thought, so be encouraged! We live in a state of grace. Thoughts won’t manifest instantly. As you become aware of negative thoughts, guide them to gratitude and make a new choice. The power of the positive is exponential compared to its opposite.
- I promise you will surprise yourself with how natural and powerful this shift becomes to impact first a few minutes, then hours, then your day, and eventually your life! With 60,000 thoughts flowing through us daily we may not fully prevent negative thoughts, but we can short-circuit some of them and make time for positive thoughts as well. That’s POWER beyond description!
- Just think, who you are now is the sum of your PAST thoughts! Don’t gauge the future by the past - unless you’re content with the pattern you’re locked into. As I replaced negativity with gratitude, I began to hear a voice of love that spoke words of immense personal value. In one experience I overflowed with peace and trust when I heard a crystal-clear message: “There is always enough time for everything I need to get done today.”
- As a person who struggled with daily anxiety caused by time management, experiencing this changed my life path - permanently. And the promise has held true. Mysterious? Fascinating? More please! What mightyou hear at a juncture in your life?